22300VIC - Course in First Aid Management of Anaphylaxis
This three-hour nationally recognised course includes a theoretical component, hands-on practice and assessment. It provides the essential knowledge and skills to be able to respond to severe allergic reactions and anaphylaxis. It is suitable for ANYONE - those in education, sport, travel, community care, recreation clubs and the general public. All instructors are experienced Emergency Nurses/Ambulance Paramedics with education qualifications.
• Allergic reactions and anaphylaxis: definitions and examples
• Recognising the signs and symptoms
• Responsibilities of organisations/ individuals/parents and guardians
• Minimising the risks including strategies
• Case studies and examples
• First aid management of severe anaphylactic reaction
• Skill practice - auto-injectors (Epipen/Anapen)
Participant numbers are capped to ensure ample time for hands-on practice and assessment. Assessment involves written and oral questions and demonstration of practical skills. A nationally recognised statement of attainment will be issued to all competent participants.
CPD hours: 3
Cost: $69.00pp (minimum numbers (10) or minimum cost applies).
Contact us to discuss. We come to you! Course conducted onsite at your workplace. Venue fee may apply for external courses.
NED Victoria is a training partner of RTO No. 3586.