Resuscitation of the Newborn
This course is designed for healthcare providers including midwives, nurses and paramedics, who may be required to participate in the resuscitation of a newborn in the community or hospital setting. Theory is based on the Australian Resuscitation Guidelines.
Equipment includes Neopuff ventilator, infant resuscitation manikins, bag-valve-mask systems and oropharyngeal airways. Participant numbers are capped to ensure ample hands-on time.
• Principles of neonatal resuscitation
• Neonatal resuscitation equipment
• Assessment of the neonate during resuscitation
• First line drugs
• Skill stations:
- Ventilating with the Neopuff ventilator
- Ventilating via Bag-valve-mask
- External cardiac compressions
Assessment not included
Custom courses available. Minimum fees apply. Contact us to discuss.
NEXT COURSE: FRIDAY LIKELY OCTOBER - TBC, 2018 (0930-1330).
Location: 3 Springfield Rd Blackburn North (NewHope Baptist Church function room)
CPD hours: 4
Cost: $190 early bird if payment received one month prior to course date
Presenter: Jennifer Fielding