Assessment and Management of the Deteriorating Patient
Would you like to increase your knowledge and confidence in caring for patients who are acutely unwell and deal with unexpected clinical deterioration?
This course is designed to improve the knowledge of nurses and midwives in relation to the early detection, assessment and response to adult patients who are experiencing clinical deterioration. It is suitable for nurses and midwives working in acute care settings (wards, emergency department).
• Patient assessment: Primary and Secondary approach
• Recognising the deteriorating patient and how to get help
• Observations: why, when, how often?
• Clinical management and monitoring
• Management of acute situations through scenarios
• Clinical responsibilities including handover
• Clinical case studies and scenarios
There is a focus on patient assessment skills using a problem solving/scenario based approach to assist translation of knowledge to practice.
NEXT COURSE: Contact us to register your interest
Location: 3 Springfield Rd Blackburn North (NewHope Baptist Church Function Room 2)
CPD hours: 5
Cost: $165 early bird / $185 full fee
Presenter: Di Bissett