Do you want to be informed of the current evidence and best practice in diabetes management?
This course is designed to provide healthcare providers including nurses (division one and medication endorsed enrolled), midwives and paramedics with fundamental skills for the monitoring and management of patients with diabetes including Type one, Type two and Gestational Diabetes. It includes information on types of diabetes, diabetes medications including oral hypolgycaemic agents, Insulin and much more!
• Anatomy and Physiology of diabetes
• Signs, symptoms and diagnosis
• Types of diabetes: Pre-diabetes, Type 1, Type 2, Gestational
• Complications of diabetes
• Management of diabetes:
- Oral hypoglycaemic agents
- How, when and why to blood glucose monitor
• Insulin: why is it required? • Types of insulin and profiles, insulin delivery devices
• Insulin pumps: what are they and how do they work?
• Common Insulin errors and how to avoid them!
• Hypoglycaemia and hyperglycaemia: causes, signs, symptoms, management
Groups only or contact us to register your interest.
CPD hours: 3
Cost: contact us
Presenter: Anna Peters