Care of the PEG and Stoma
Do you want the knowledge and skills to correctly and effectively manage PEG feeding, medication administration and the everyday care of stomas?
This course is designed for healthcare providers who are required to manage the care of the patient with PEG tube and Stomas in hospital, residential and community care settings. It will provide fundamental skills and rationales relating to the care and management of PEGs, ileostomies, colostomies, and urostomies and is suitable for any health care provider including nurses, midwives, nursing Students and PCAs.
CARE OF THE PEG:
• Indications and insertion of PEG tubes, including types and functions
• Skills for management of the new and established PEG tube and site
• Feeding and medications via PEG
• Management of common problems: including blockage, accidental removal and skin care
• Documentation of care
CARE OF THE STOMA:
• Anatomy and physiology
• Types of Stomas and indications for placement
• Management and care: including postoperatively, appliances, skin care and common problems and their solutions
Groups only, or contact us to register your interest.
CPD hours: 3.5
Cost: contact us
Presenter: Kate Potter