IDC insertion and Care of the IDC/SPC
Are you confident in the care and management of the IDC and supra-pubic catheter (SPC)?
Do you want the knowledge and skills to insert a male indwelling catheter (IDC)?
This course is designed for healthcare providers who are required to insert male IDCs and manage the general care of any patient with an IDC or SPC in the hospital, residential, aged care and community care settings.
It will provide fundamental skills and rationales relating to the insertion of a male IDC and for confidently managing the care of patients with IDCs/SPCs. It is suitable for registered nurses, enrolled nurses, midwives and students. Accreditation will vary between workplaces and is the responsibility of the participant and workplace.
• Overview of anatomy and physiology
• Indications for urinary catheterisation
• Selecting catheters and drainage systems
• Nursing care of the patient with a catheter in situ and prevention of complications
• Clinical Skills
• Male catheterisation technique
• Abdominal Palpation
• Bladder Scanner
• Supra Pubic Catheter
• Anatomy of insertion
• Pertinent management and care
• Trial of void: preparation, success, failure
NEXT COURSE: FRIDAY 16th March, 2018 (0930-1430)
Location: 3 Springfield Rd Blackburn North (NewHope Baptist Church Hall)
CPD hours: 4.5
Group bookings accepted
Presenter/s: Kate Potter