HLTAID001 - Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation
This course is suitable for ANYONE! Those in education, sport, travel, community care, swim schools, recreation clubs and the general public. It provides the essential knowledge and skills to be able to perform CPR. Information is based on the current Australian Resuscitation Council (ARC) guidelines. All instructors are experienced Emergency Nurses/Ambulance Paramedics with education qualifications.
• Basic Life Support flowchart/algorithm (DRSABCD) - assessment and management of each step including:
- Performing chest compressions and rescue breaths
- The use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
• Foreign body airway obstruction/choking management
• How to get help and what to do while waiting for an ambulance
• Recording information and treatment
• Questions and discussion
• Manikin practice
Participant numbers are capped to ensure ample time for hands-on practice and assessment. Assessment involves written and oral questions and demonstration of practical skills. A nationally recognised statement of attainment will be issued to all competent participants.
This course can be completed on its own as a stand-alone qualification or as part of HLTAID003 - Provide first aid.
CPD hours: 2-3
Cost: $66.00pp (minimum numbers (10) or minimum cost applies).
Contact us to discuss. We come to you! Course conducted onsite at your workplace. Venue fee may apply for external courses.
NED Victoria is a training partner of RTO No. 3586.