HLTAID003 - Provide first aid
This course is suitable for ANYONE! Those in education, sport, travel, community care, swim schools, recreation clubs and the general public. It provides the knowledge and skills to be able to assess and manage a range of first aid situations prior to the arrival of medical/other assistance. Information is based on the current Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines. HLTAID003 - Provide first aid (this course incorporates HLTAID001 - Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation and HLTAID002 - Provide basic emergency life support.
Our first aid course combines pre-learning and face to face learning for a convenient and cost effective approach. Pre-learning can be completed via workbook or online prior to the course followed by a one day face-to-face session which includes hands-on practice and real-life scenarios to consolidate your first aid knowledge and skills. There are no written exams or written assessments on the day of the course. Following the online learning, assessment takes place via skill stations and scenarios at the practical/face to face session. A nationally recognised statement of attainment will be issued to all competent participants.
• Assessing an emergency situation
• Airway and breathing management
• Cardiopulmonary resuscitation techniques (CPR)
• First Aid management of the unconscious casualty
• Management of heart conditions
• Infection control and first aid for minor wounds
• Allergic reactions and asthma
• Control of external bleeding and shock
• Management of near drowning
• Hyperthermia and hypothermia
• Burns and electric shock
• Eye and soft tissue injuries
• Venomous bites and stings
• Fractures and spinal injuries
• Head, chest and abdominal injuries
• Assessment and movement of the sick and injured
• Recording vital signs
• Communicating details of an incident
• Debriefing and evaluation of response to critical incidents
Cost: $165.00pp (minimum numbers (10) or minimum cost applies).
Contact us to discuss. We come to you! Course conducted onsite at your workplace. Venue fee may apply for external courses.
NED Victoria is a training partner of RTO No. 3586.